Look it up!

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Floating Pizza

Hi guys! Yes, reread the title. That's what it says. One more time. Yes, floating pizza. Okay, now that that's cleared up, let me explain.
So Friday night I worked at 4. Fun, right? The only thing that made me not want to work that night was the heat. It was humid and muggy outside, and the heat translated directly into the room we work in. Hot or not, I was working and I was ready with a icy cold water bottle.
Work started out normal. We worked, a few people left, a few deliveries left and all was well. Then around 7:30 the sky started to get dark. The three people who were working only inside; Joe, Katie, and I, watched outside as a wall cloud approached us. We kept working though, used to the storms that have become normal this summer. I don't even remember what time it was when the sky opened up with a ton of rain.
For some reason, when it has rained this summer, that translates to the world that they need to buy pizza. I'm not complaining, it's just crazy. Around 8:30, though, we had slowed down enough that Joe asked me to clock out even if I didn't leave. So, I clocked out and Katie (oh the greatness of having a friend to work with. :)) made sure I sat down and didn't help with anything. It took about five minutes (I Facebooked then stared quietly at them as they work) for me to give up on sitting down and start to help.
I was really glad I started helping because for the next 3 hours and 15 minutes we were all three running around like chickens with our heads cut off. The drivers walked in, grabbed their deliveries, and left again. I received flyby training actually topping the pizzas and bread, and we somehow managed to make it through the night by the skin of our teeth.
By the time Katie and I clocked out, I had decided to spend the night at her house in order to avoid driving in the flash flood my phone notified me about. One of our drivers lost his car in the water around ten o'clock, so that freaked me out a little bit, and I decided to stay as put as I could.
I was so glad to have a place to sleep that I didn't have to swim to. So yes, I say floating pizza because it's logical word choice with flash flooding and making pizzas. :)
So... now it's your turn! Do you have any funny (or not so funny) stories about bad weather? Rain, snow, hail, whatever it is I wanna hear it!
I'll write later!
~Blondie~

No comments:

Post a Comment