Look it up!

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Homecoming

We are pretty great! We are pretty great!
       This years homecoming was one I will never forget. I had a group of friends over to my house to eat and get ready before the dance. My friends came over an hour before dinner, and we got to work doing hair and makeup. My friend Carrot (yes, that's her real name) did everyone's hair, and it seemed to take forever, so we were late to dinner. When everyone was all put together, we headed downstairs where some parents and my guy friend, Paul, were hanging out. We had chicken and cheesy potatoes, along with some green beans. By the time we had finished, no one was hungry for the yummy dessert. Paul's mom, who made the dessert, wasn't very happy, but we headed outside for pictures. Pictures consisted of the group of girls: Carrot, Mackensey, Sabrina, Mollie, and I, then Paul and two other guys; Mackensey's brother, Joey, and Carrot's date, Jake. The pictures took forever, and we posed in the kitchen, on the stairs, and in the yard. When we had successfully completed each photo, we piled into three cars; mine, Joey's and Paul's, and headed to the dance. The ride was only five minutes, so we got there quickly. The dance was awesome, to put it simply. We spent hours dancing to songs we knew and didn't know (most of them we knew) until we were sore (my calves were still sore the next Thursday). My friend Rachel, along with Carrot, Mackensey, Sabrina, and I, choreographed a dance to a song we had been working on: "Miss Movin' On" by Fifth Harmony. The ending result was great, people kept trying to join in until they realized we had put this together ourselves. For a last Homecoming it was great! After the dance, the whole group, this time with Rachel in tow, went to Village Inn. When we walked into the restaurant we were exhausted, but still hyped from the energy of the dance. We ordered a variety of things, including onion rings and pie, then we sat back to eat. After a slow and tiring meal, both Paul and Mollie left, and it took the rest of us a bit to pay for our meals, as our brains were groggy. When we paid, Rachel left the waitress a $17 tip, and our waitress nearly cried when she came out to give her a hug. Then, we piled into the car and I drove everyone home. (I believe this rant warrants a The End)

No comments:

Post a Comment