Look it up!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Fall play

Last yearphoto This year Fall Play fun! Fun with demon Sabrina My favorite fall activity is something that I absolutely love to do! Starting before school starts, I try out for the fall play, and from there the fun begins. First we try out. The try-out is a cold read of the chosen play, and I always get ridiculously nervous. Then, we wait. Gee, waiting makes me even more nervous than trying out.

When we find out what parts we are, we get started on putting together the play. This year, I started out with two parts: a thief and an ugly old lady. The first practice is a basic cold read with our scripts. It's always really funny meeting the new kids and figuring out who everyone is. Then we kind of move into doing it on stage by doing individual scene practices. I felt like I was hardly in any of the practices this year, thanks to me originally being in only two scenes. We finally combine when each scene has had a handful of practices.

The first run-through this year was kind of bumpy, but we slowly got better. Then we added outfits, more props, a background, and we make it to where we are at right now. The matinee is coming up, I'm kind of nervous. Actually, I'm a lot nervous, but it's not because I don't know what I'm doing. When I get on stage in front of people, I realize everyone can see every move I make, and every mistake I make. This is my last year in the Drama department in high school, and all I can do is hope that I make it my best. Three performances, and my last fall play is over. Signing out for the night! ~Blondie~

No comments:

Post a Comment