Look it up!

Friday, June 12, 2015

Ham and Cheese Pockets

Hi guys! Wow, so I meant to publish this post yesterday, but Wednesday I was watching Z and I got extremely sunburnt, so yesterday I wasn't motivated to move at all. Oh well! Today I want to tell you about my little invention. I call them ham and cheese pockets, even though I made them with turkey and cheese. Anyway, you start with a tube of dinner roll dough that looks like this: 

Then you split each of them with a small knife on one side. Just cut it about 2-3 inches wide and around an inch or less in, then use your fingers to push into the middle further to make a little pocket. Each one should look like this when you have finished: 
Then, take flat cheese and your choice of meat. I'm sure that this would work with any kind of meet, but my favorite is turkey, so that's what I used. Cut the pieces of cheese in half and the rounds of meat in half, then pair a half of meat and half of cheese together- meat on top- then fold it in half, making the meat in the middle like this: 
You should have as much cheese and meat as you have rolls, except in half since you only need half of each per roll. I only needed four pieces of turkey and cheese, which was easy. Then, you take the little square of meat and cheese and stuff it in the pocket you made in the roll. Once it's in, pinch closed the sides (so you don't end up with cheese everywhere) and place them on a greased baking sheet. I used a cake pan because I have yet to get a baking sheet for the apartment, so that works as well. Before you put them in the oven, they should look like this: 
Set the oven to the instructions on the rolls' package, then put them in for a time that's in the middle of what is suggested on the package. Mine said 11-15 minutes, so I started with twelve and they ended up in there for fourteen minutes. Your ending result should look like this: 
 
I'm telling you, they're delicious and SO CHEAP. If you are tired of plain old sandwiches, these are perfect for you. :) 
Alright guys, I love you all! 
~Blondie~




No comments:

Post a Comment