Look it up!

Monday, June 8, 2015

Childhood comfort foods

Hi guys! 
This morning I have an interview, so I decided to eat something slightly more substantial than cereal. I ended up staring at my fridge for a solid ten minutes before I even decided what sounded good. 
When I was a kid, this used to be my go-to egg breakfast item, and as I've grown older I've had to learn how to make it correctly. In my house we call them egg-in-a-holes. 
Ta-da! I've finally figured out how to perfect it. This recipe may seem simple, and it is if you don't care whether you end up with a soft or hard yolk. The way to end up with the perfect yolk that you can spread across the toast is easier than I thought. 
First, heat up the pan with butter on it until the butter is sizzling, then lay down the piece of toast with a hole cut out and the piece of toast that's from the middle onto it. The little piece should not be in the middle. Make sure that the pan is hot, then turn it down when you can smell it toasting, and crack an egg in the middle. With the stove on low the toast won't burn too badly, but the egg will have a chance to cook. When the egg looks partly cooked, flip it and let it cook for another three or four minutes. Then it's done and you end up with this! It's so good, and if you pop the yolk you can spread it over all of the toast. 
So you guys, do you have anything that you love from when you were a kid that you still love to eat? I would love to hear all about it in the comments! 
Hope you are all having a good summer! 
~Blondie~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment