Look it up!

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The simplicity of a love story

Hi guys! Wow it's been a little, okay a lot, while since I've blogged. Honestly I don't really remember what I've done since then. Seeing as there seems to be absolutely nothing for me to write about my present life that will not make you fall asleep, I think I'll write a little story down. It's kinda cheesy I suppose, but I'm going to stick with it. I'm hoping this will be a forever love story, but right now I'm okay with it being right now. Let's start with a little background. I have been in Girl Scouts since 2008, and I've been in my current troop since 2010. There is only one other girl in my grade; her name is Katie. We were acquaintances only for the first two years, as. She was friends with the older girls. Last year we formed this goofy, unbreakable friendship where we could tell each other anything and neither would (outwardly) judge. This last November I was tired of the cold, deep into my NaNoWriMo writing, and overwhelmingly stressed, but I still decided to go to Girl Scouts on November 5th. We were watching a movie (Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone), and Katie and I practically had it memorized, so we just talked. At some point we started talking about guys, and she told me about one of her guy friends whom was single. He started texting her back about the last thirty minutes of the meeting, and she insisted I text him, then proceeded to tell him all about me. He wasn't sure about this, and neither was he, but after a lot of pushing from Katie he friended me on FaceBook. That night I didn't go to sleep until after one in the morning. We were talking the entire time, amazed at how much we had in common. Finally, before I fell asleep, we decided to go on a date that Thursday (the 7th). Now, I'm not one to just date because it's fun, so the number of boyfriends I have had can be counted on one hand. I was so excited for the date, I felt like a little kid. We decided to make it simple and go to Shadow Lake and eat at Taco Bell then wander around. Katie was then dispatched, and we solidified the plans that Wednesday night. Wednesday was nearly as bad as the Tuesday had been sleeping-wise, and I ended up with extreme loss of sleep and an extra amount of excitement. That whole day if school I kept repeating "I have a date tonight. I have a date." It was the best sort of enthusiasm that made my lack of sleep seem nonexistent. After school I flew home as fast as I could, dragging my sisters with me. I was jumpy and giggly as I went through outfit after outfit with my sisters. I was lucky because he took a little while to pick up Katie. I finally ended up with some outfit with my brown coat and a pair of borrowed boots from my sister. As I was finishing up, I got a call from Katie asking how to get to my house, as they were lost. Through my laughter I helped them get on the right track before I finished getting ready. When they finally arrived, I was so nervous I only greeted Katie and almost pretended Alex wasn't there. I felt really bad but I just couldn't talk to him. He met my dad, and we talked awkwardly before I rushed us out the door. He opened my door for me and I felt especially special. Then we headed to Shadow Lake. On the way there, I joked with Katie about not being able to find my house, but I didn't really acknowledge Alex. Taco Bell was good, and Katie and Alex talked generally about school. Soon, though, our food was gone, and the conversation ran dry, so we decided to go wander. First we went to dollar tree. I insisted due to my obsessive love of cheapness. As we walked Alex and I finally started talking, and we realized that bringing Katie wasn't the best idea. As we came to the end of one aisle, Alex whispered to me "just start walking backwards." I felt like a rebel as we attempted to leave Katie behind. After that we went into Ulta where Katie and I sampled perfume. When we ran out of our wrists, though, we decided to try it out on Alex. He was patient, but attempted to avoid the stream of girly headed his way. When we had completed our torture, we headed back to his car. Even though Katie lived closer to Alex, he decided to drop her off first, then take me home. This gave us a chance to talk. All I remember after that was stopping to get gas, then blasting White Walls by Macklemore as he drove me home. I'm sure we talked, but I don't remember much more. He was ever a gentleman as he walked me to the door, and then he said hello to my mother then headed to his late practice. Later he confided he had wanted to kiss me as he said good bye, but was too nervous. That Friday, Saturday, and Sunday he had an away soccer tournament, and even though we wanted to meet again, we couldn't. Then Sunday we decided to meet so I could meet his parents and sister. I did my best to impress them, then he dropped me back off at my car. Before he let me go, though, he kissed me softly then asked me to be his girlfriend. I was so happy that I said yes immediately. That was November 10, 2013 at approximately 8:30 at night. Nowadays we are twelve days from being together for six months. Again, I told you that this was a hopeful love story, but it don't know what the future holds, I'm just hopeful. He is sweet, and I am constantly flattered by how much he cares. I guess, if you read through this and finished it I'm extremely proud of you. I get a little over-zealous when I'm happy. Hope you all are having good weeks! -Susan

Prom this year

No comments:

Post a Comment