Look it up!

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Growing up is a weird feeling

      Hi guys! So this last week I went to my second prom ever. This next weekend I will be attending another one (my boyfriend's), but it's the last time I'll be going to a dance for my school. It's awfully weird. I remember my freshman year homecoming, and I can hardly believe I'm old enough to be going through all these lasts of high school. I knew it was coming, but now it feels like it will be here way too soon. For prom, I wore a dress I found at the Ultra Chic Prom Boutique in downtown Omaha. It's technically not a boutique, as all dresses are $25 and the proceeds go to the Lydia House, but it was completely worth it. We arrived there early and I managed to get a dress that was just my style. I should be able to add in a picture, but it is pink, blue, then purple. The beading all over it is so intricate that I've guessed that the dress was originally hundreds of dollars. Alex, my sweet date, wore a tie with different grays and pink striped in it. For dinner, my parents cooked us chicken and we had a wonderful meal joking about school with the other kids that joined Alex and I. We took pictures mostly outside, but it was windy so it was crazy to get good pictures.

         Last year it snowed on our prom though, so I was okay with the wind. After pictures we headed to the dance, and the room the dance was held in was beautiful. I had a great time, and a little before 11 we headed to after prom. After prom included bowling (two games; one normal and one trick game. I finally beat Alex but only at the trick round), laser tag (two games, and the first one I held my gun backwards and basically shot myself the whole time), a photo booth (we were allowed two pictures and my friends and I all wore crazy glasses and hats for our first), and a prize round. I think the prize round, though, needs to be out of parenthesis. They had two tables of prizes; one for juniors and one for seniors. They pulled names prior to announcing them, and then the name that was announced had thirty seconds to chose a prize off of their table. Everyone had a chance to scour it before, and I had listed out my top five for Alex. I also picked out my bottom five because I thought for sure that there was no way I would get picked near the top. We all got seated, and after they announced the rules they got started, and the first name that they had pulled was mine!

         The very first thing I went for was the 32" TV. It was absolutely perfect, and I plan on using it for my college dorm. So, that was the exciting part of my night/morning. When prizes were over, we grabbed our prizes and evening wear then headed home. I was exhausted, but it was so much fun that it was worth it. So, now that that's over, I don't know what I'm going to do. I've included (hopefully) some pictures of my past school dances and even included a picture of Alex and I from Saturday. Thanks for reading this to the end if you did, because that makes you awesome.
2010 Homecoming 2010 Homecoming2011 Homecoming 2011 Homecoming
2012 Homecoming 2012 Homecoming
2013 Prom 2013 Prom

 2014 Prom2014 Prom

No comments:

Post a Comment