Look it up!

Monday, March 3, 2014

Education and the future

I love little kids. Kinda a weird statement to being with, but let me elaborate. I've been babysitting since I was 11. I was a mothers helper for two kids, a boy an a girl. Then I babysat another pair of kids, and that was the first time all alone. I was about twelve or thirteen then. I thought I was such a big deal, I mean I was caring for kids all on my own. When I was about fourteen I had the chance to take care of a two year old for a day. It was a full day with her over at my house. I was so excited. We went to the park, played games, watched about five minutes of TV before she got tired, and my mom taught me how to put her down for a nap. I still remember that day with love. It was my first big gig. When I was fifteen, right before I could drive myself anywhere other than school, I had the chance to babysit for that same family except for all four children all alone. I was ready. We did a craft, played a game, and I fed them dinner. Sometime at the point I realized how much I loved spending time with kids and watching them learn. Since then, I've nannied those very same kids, and I have also babysat numerous other sets of kids. My most recent is for a little two year old I have nicknamed Little Red. She has this crazy curly red hair, and a personality to fit. Now that I've come to the point in my life where I have to pick my future, I know I want to be an elementary teacher. I'll admit that I've heard how hard it is, but I enjoy the kids, and even if the pay isn't worthy of making me a millionaire it still makes it worth it to see kids smile when you teach them something. ABC's, colors, letters, reading... It's all important, and suddenly my future looks like a lot of fun. Later! -Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment