Look it up!

Monday, July 27, 2015

Pizza, cat, and the adventures of Sam & Susan

Hi guys! Greetings from nearly midnight in the apartment I share with my roommate for two more nights (that includes this one). I don't plan on posting this for a few days just so you have time to try my drool-worthy s'mores casserole, but I really wanted to put together a post about this story while it's fresh in my mind.
Alright, so I have spent the first two months of my summer with this fabulous gal:
Honestly, she's just the best. Sometimes, she just absolutely drives me insane but then there are nights like tonight and I remember why we're friends. Anyway, I spent my day extremely busy until late, and I hadn't brought my bike along so I texted Sam if she wouldn't mind picking me up after work. She agreed, and she picked me up and we went to the apartment normally. Yes, I sound boring, but I swear this is when it gets great. She sits down, I pace around talking about my day and at around 10:40 she decides we should get a pizza. One call to Little Caesars and we have a pizza ordered. *Awkwardly long pause as we both texted our respective friends* Then we realized that because LC closed at 11, and at that point it was 10:49, we should probably hurry. Yes, it is not that far because it's a small town and we live fairly close, but we still didn't want to get locked out.
Suddenly, I had the genius idea to bring Onyx along. I'm sure you'll remember Onyx, or on Facebook he's affectionately known as #Onyxthewondercat. If not, here's a photo selection to remind you who he is:
(Seen here he is cuddling with my writing. These were supposed to be nice and flat, and I think he knew that.)
 (Best cat selfie ever) 
(Disgruntled because I'm packing)
Anyway, Sam thought that would be a great idea as long as I put on his harness, which he hates. That is how, at 10:50 at night we were walking down the apartment hallway with a cat meowing and clinging to my shoulder. We must seem like terrible humans, but trust me that he's just a grumpy old man cat and he actually wasn't being tortured. 
We arrived at LC 4 minutes before they closed and we brought Onyx in with us. His eyes lit up like it was the best place he had ever been in, yet he still clung to my t-shirt like I was his life preserve in a rocking canoe. The cashier smiled and even said hello to him, which was funny as it is, but then we walked out of the pizza place and started to giggle. 
Let me preface this. Over this summer I have gone to Walmart at odd, late hours of the night multiple times. The first time it was after midnight and we were looking for cheap allergy meds, and the last time we were there we went shopping in the clearance section of the women's section and started debating what matched better with the jean shorts Sam just HAD to have. So we have done crazy things at late hours and we're used to it. 
Tonight though was the best. We drove back with a pizza on the dashboard and Onyx trying to look out the window as we giggled and talked to one of my poor friends who happened to be up that late. When we got back to the apartment we continued to giggle as we both cracked open Mountain Dews (at like 11:15) and started watching Pretty Little Liars. It was the best night I think either of us have had in a few days with all this working and busy-ness. Now, I must go finish packing because in less than 32 hours I will be an official couch surfer and that requires a lot of patience in my packing. I love you all! Stay beautiful! 
~Blondie~ (12:21 AM 7/22/15) 

No comments:

Post a Comment